10/1/07

Salem RiverFest


For our Sunday night group last week, we went down to Salem RiverFest. The event was put on with Reid Saunders Association and volunteers from about 100 local churches, including my Paul, security guard extraordinaire! Since downtown parking can be a challenge, the boys and I parked at the fair and caught a shuttle (a school bus) to River Front park. Benton was beside himself with glee, "I want to do it again!" In the crowd of around 50,000 people, we ran into our pal Jenni who hung out with Nat in his "I'm with the band" shirt. We also ran into Paul's brother and family, who hooked up the starving volunteer with yummy Chinese food from the mall. Thanks Joel!! It got a little cold, and I packed a little too light so Benton got to wear my sweatshirt. Soren got tossed around by his dad and Uncle Vance. In the two days of the event, an estimated 75,000 people packed themselves into the park to play, eat, and listen to music.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Aly sun said...

Great pics. I am using highspeed and can see what I am missing now. Your slideshow looks cool.

Jenni said...

That is such a great picture of Soren ('s leggs). I'm so glad I ran into you guys at Riverfest!