8/19/08

One thing or another

If you had told me five years ago that I could only keep half my house clean, I would have been OK with that. I would have thought: Sure. I can see that. Kids are messy, so you choose your battles. Mess up your room, keep the living room clean. Compromise. I can handle that. I am ready for parenting. Bring it on.

That's not what they meant...

If the bottom half is clean, the baby will literally pull on your pants until they fall off (tragic side effects of weight loss)or you pick him up. Thus the counter remains a disaster and the dishes remain in the sink. If you let the bottom half go to pot, you have plenty of time to get the counters spick and span and take a picture. And blog the pictures. And re-read that one section of To Train Up a Child. That is if you can take the banging.

3 comments:

Aly sun said...

Priceless. The counters look fantastic.

Unknown said...

I think you could have titled this one something like . . . "the hidden effects of parenthood."

Cathy said...

Oh, I can just hear the sweet music of all those pots and pans clanging together now! :-)